Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Piece of Good News

I booked my very first paid Wedding Cake! I have been baking and decorating cakes for about 8 months now, I've always just made them for family. Darin's co-worker's daughter is getting married and orignially asked if I might be willing to make a small 6 inch cake for them to cut into during the reception. About a month ago, she asked him if I would be interested in making 200 cupcakes plus a tiered wedding cake! I said I would love to. I met with the Bride a couple of weeks ago, she saw some of my work and we sketched out a few designs. I let her know right off the bat that this was a hobby for me, I am not licensed and I do NOT do this professionally. She was ok with that. We left it at she would call me if she decided to have me make her cakes. I was just happy with the thought that someone thought I was capable of making a wedding cake! But she emailed me and said she wanted me to make her cakes! I am so excited! I'll be making 200 cupcakes and a 2 tier wedding cake + the possibility of making her groom's cake too! The wedding isn't until July, so I have plenty of time to practice and bake a lot. Hopefully I have friends and family who are willing to be my taste testers! Any volunteers? =)

1 comment:

Katie said...

oooooooo - i'll be a tester!