Sunday, January 25, 2009

101 Usless Facts about the Mangs

I had wanted to post this after New Years, but I got lazy. Now all of a sudden I have been tagged a few times on Facebook and decided to finally post. Here ya go, 101 useless facts about Darin, Maddie and Myself!

Darin:
1. Prefers white popcorn to yellow.
2. Drinks only Diet Coke, NOT Pepsi.
3. Went to Disneyland for the first time when he was 34.
4. His Siblings are 12, 14, 18 and 21 years older than he is.
5. His Dad fought in WWII.
6. He is a 3rd generation Boeing Employee and was interviewed for the newspaper.
7. Lived in Pennsylvania for 3 months.
8. Caught 50 lb salmon in Alaska.
9. The next fish he caught in WA was 44 lbs.
10. He has owned a Labrador from birth. He's never not had one.
11. Had a dog named Peanuts.
12. Loves old war movies, especially ones about WWII.
13. Has been shot with a shotgun 2 times- both on the same weekend.
14. Drove and docked 57' yachts.
15. Never been outside the US except for Canada.
16. Coached the same group of boys in basketball from 5th grade until they graduated last year.
17. The guy who hired him at Boeing was hired by his dad.
18. He only has 9 toes.
19. He's never owned a car, only trucks.
20. Fell in love with me at first sight. (aaawwww)
21. Had plans to open a fishing supply store with Ben.
22. Has only worked for 4 companies in his life!
23. McDonalds wouldn't hire him when he was 16.
24. Skipped school a lot to go hunting.
25. Lettered 4 years in Tennis.

Emily:
26. I have a tattoo that to me means independence.
27. I knew Maddie would be a girl before I knew for sure I was pregnant.
28. I could eat Mexican food every day for the rest of my life.
29. I used to be a Travel Agent.
30. My last 2 are black with grey interior.
31. I eat peanut butter and syrup on my waffles.
32. I danced ballet and jazz for 15 years.
33. I really hate snow! Nothing about it makes me happy.
34. I make a mean Minestrone Soup.
35. I love to read, but rarely do.
36. I have to eat my apples in a pattern.
37. I modeled when I was a kid. I did a few shows and some print work.
38. I listen to the Jonas Brothers even when Maddie isn't around.
39. I really hate the phrases "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" and "Think how strong you'll be"
40. I've only ever thrown up on one ride, "Mission Space" at Disney World.
41. I only write in blue ball point pens or the occasional colored one. I hate black pens.
42. I've been to Disneyland so many times I have lost count.
43. I got kicked out of class one time in high school for laughing.
44. One of my BFFs in high school and I were accused of stealing the blow up ice cream cone off the top of an AM/PM.
45. Growing up we used to play flashlight tag until the sun came up. I miss it.
46. My BFF and I managed the high school golf team cause we loved the coach, wanted a letter and to meet boys. =)
47. I only order water when we are out cause I am too cheap to pay for soda.
48. Usually I love wrapping Christmas presents but wasn't feeling it this year.
49. I love Harry Potter!
50. I can spread my toes. I call it Gecko Toes.

Maddie:
51. If she had been a boy her name would have been Hunter Ryan.
52. She has danced for the last 2 years and has been asked twice to be on the competitive team.
53. She was one of the biggest babies in the NICU at a whopping 3 lbs.
54. She has been to Disney World 2 times and Disneyland once all before her 4th birthday.
55. She claims that all the colors are her favorite.
56. Jasmin is her favorite princess.
57. Her favorite ride at Disney World is Goofy's Barnstormer, which was also her first roller coaster.
58. Her favorite rides at Disneyland are the Matterhorn and Pirates of the Caribbean.
59. She is right handed.
60. She LOVES playing on the computer.
61. She slept on the plane the entire way to Disney World and was mad she missed the plane ride.
62. Had her picture taken every month in her first year.
63. She modeled for Birthday Express, was in their catalog and website.
64. Is a card shark! She will beat you at Uno and Go Fish every time.
65. Bolt is her favorite movie.
66. Learned somersaults at 19 months.
67. Her first word was Mama.
68. She knows most of the German alphabet.
69. Her nickname is Noodle.
70. She is NOT a morning person. (Don't know where she gets that from...)
71. She has mature taste buds. She loves salad with balsamic vinaigrette and crab!
72. Asks for cake but only eats the frosting.
73. Her first crush was/ is Joe Jonas.
74. She finally made it off the Preemie Growth Chart on onto the 10th% tile on her 4th birthday check up.
75. She wants to be a Doctor at Children's Hospital when she grows up.

Family:
76. Our March of Dimes Family Team has placed in the top 3 for fundraising for 3 straight years.
77. Darin and I met in person July 10, 2002.
78. We met on Match.com.
79. Darin proposed on December 24th, 2002.
80. We got married on 9-6-03
81. We honeymooned at Disney World, of course!
82. We were going to get married Nov. 1st, until Darin remembered that was opening day of Blackmouth fishing.
83. We own a Disney Timeshare.
84. We didn't know if Maddie was a boy or a girl when she was born and the doctors forgot to tell us- we had to ask them what we had!
85. We moved into a house with twice the square footage of our last house and didn't have enough furniture to fill it.
86. Darin and I went camping 2 weeks after we met... I hate camping!
87. We call in sick and see the Harry Potter movies on opening day with my brother.
88. We can never agree on movies and have to take turns picking one.
89. We LOVE popcorn.
90. All 3 of us love black licorice.
91. Darin and Emily have the same prescription for glasses. We can share glasses.
92. All 3 of us own Crocs.
93. We all play the games at Chuck E Cheese. We have to divvy up the tokens evenly.
94. We cut down our own Christmas tree every year.
95. We love a good game of Corn Hole.
96. We won Dream Fast Passes (allowed us to bypass the lines on certain rides) getting off of It's a Small World.
97. Together we measure just under 15 feet tall.
98. We have a tradition of riding the train around the Disney parks first thing.
99. We miss living in Lake Stevens and hope to move back in a few years.
100. We own matching shirts.
101. We once drove 12 straight hours from Montana when Maddie was 2 1/2.

PHEW! We did it! There you go, 101 random facts about us! Those of you that keep a blog, I challenge you to come up with 101 things about your family and blog about it. For those of you non bloggers, give it a shot too, it's kinda fun! Think you want to know more about me, personally, I've listed 25 more facts about me on Facebook. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I posted mine to Facebook. It was VERY hard!!