I had this long post planned about my thoughts of the inauguration yesterday and how I was glued to the tv for about 12 hours yesterday. I was going to post how brave President Obama looked as he walked out in front of 2 million people, how special his little girls must have felt watching their daddy become the most powerful man in the free world, and how absolutely darling they looked. I was going to post how even Maddie knew that it was something special when she sat and watched tv with me not asking if she could "watch one of her shows" but instead asking very grown up questions for a 4 year old. I was going to post how impressed I was that Michelle Obama kept it together and didn't shed one tear, as the rest of us bawled like babies, watching history happen. I was going to post how much I adored her green outfit and only felt, eh about her choice in ball gowns. I was going to post how I felt like change was going to happen and that we were headed into a positive and marvelous new direction. I was going to comment that even if it was only for one day, the citizens of the United States became one.
But today I realized that the more things change the more they stay the same. While I truly believe that the world around us is changing, things here in Mang World remain very much the same. Darin is back on crutches. *sigh* Our driveway was one solid sheet of ice this morning and Darin slipped on his way to hop on the carpool. By 9:00 his knee was so swollen he couldn't pull his pant leg up any more. Given his history we went to the doctor where they did some xrays. Right now they aren't sure if it's broken because it was too swollen to tell on the xrays so he'll go back in 10 days to do another xray. For the next 10 days he's on crutches and not allowed to put any weight on it. *sigh*
Good Luck to you Mr. President I think you have made some wonderful promises and pray that you really are able to take us in a more positive direction. I just hope your first day in office was better than ours!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG!!!!!!
I cannot believe Darin is on crutches again. Yikes. You guys deserve a break. We're thinking of you and looking forward to 2012.
Hugs to you,
K
Isn't it funny how our kids are interested in what is going on? I can't say I was when i was there age. Shelby keeps seeeing him on TV going "There is Rovock Oba-a-a"
He is jumping in to this jump with both feet!
Post a Comment