Friday, January 16, 2009

And The Award Goes To....

Today I am passing out the Dumb Person or Place of the Week Award. Drum Roll Please....... And the winner is ..... Mountain View Credit Union and their employees!

So Maddie had been saving all her money and we decided that it was time to count it. She ended up with over $100 with $80 of it was change which we rolled. Cause we think it's stupid to pay Coinstar 8% or whatever they charge you and we wanted to teach Maddie about money, so we rolled it. We took the money to a Mountain View cause our credit union told us that we could make deposits there. We walked in with our bucket of money, and the teller asks us if that was all change. Nope, we crushed up dollar bills and stuffed them in these little rolls. Here's your sign! Should have been clue #1. Then she goes on to tell us that they don't "accept change, because we don't have a coin counter" WTF??? You've got fingers and toes, you work in a friggin bank and you cant count coins????? She tells me to go to her other branch and they will take it. I am a little pissed at this point but whatever. So we head to the other branch and they inform us that they cannot take the change because we don't belong to the bank. Now the other lady knew we weren't members of their credit union and sent us to this branch. Now, I am really pissed and have a few choice words for the teller. As does Darin. Let's just say they weren't G-rated. People are wondering why banks are going out of business? It's cause they won't take money! Why do we even have coins if banks won't take them???? I won't even tell you about my WaMu experience earlier in the week. I can tell you exactly why the had to be bought out also.

Cause I was in such a fan-friggin-tastic mood after the little escapade at the so called "banks" we decided to go to Walmart on a friday afternoon. Where we encountered more dumb asses including the moron who was going the wrong way down the parking lot, blocked me so I couldn't get to a parking spot and had the nerve to flip me off and curse at me. She's lucky she drove away cause I was ready to whomp her. =)

Here's the thing, I was in a really good mood before my "bank" trips today. I really was. I am try this new thing, called patience and keeping positive. I guess I still have a little work to do. =)

TGIF!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We can practice patience together! I read a bumper sticker once and I just love what it said.

"Stupidity kills, but not nearly enough!"