Sunday, March 1, 2009

2 Outta 3 Ain't Bad

What a day! My friend and I decided to go to see Jonas Brothers 3D. Alone. Yup, we left our girls at home. We weren't taking any chances of restless kids or potty breaks. We were there to see 3 good looking YOUNG men. Er, boys, er.. well 2 of them are legal anyway. Here's the thing- yeah they are young, but I figure they are pretty darn good role models for today's youngins, they are pretty talented and let's face it, they aren't too hard on the eyes. I might be old but I ain't dead.

Anyway, we had planned on going to see this the moment we heard about it. We thought about wearing shirts that read "Cougar" on them but figured with our luck the media would be there and we weren't ready to explain that one on the news.

We head up to the ticket window wondering if one of us should buy the 2 tickets so it looks like we brought a kid with us. I walk up first and say 1 for the Jonas Brothers. The kid at the window's look on his face was priceless! He looked at me like I was out of my friggin mind. I think he might have even said "really?" in disbelief. So I hand him my debit card and he looks at me and asks for ID. I told him it was my mom's card, he didn't buy it for a second and asked me again for my ID. He said thanks Emily and handed me my ticket. At least he didn't call me Ma'am or Mrs. M. S walks up to get her ticket and she whispers "1 for Jonas Brothers" good god it was funny! He didn't buy that it was her mom's credit card either. Good enough, we made it thru the ticket purchase with only a little humilation- then we go to the ticket taker and she gives us a look too!! I asked her not to rip my ticket. LOL So she only ripped a little piece. We see that they have a Jonas display set up so we take our pictures by it. Yeah, we were total dorks! Whatever. We walk into the theater and we are litterally the only ones there. The lights dim and we get a little giddy thinking that we might actually get to hold up our signs and yell "I Love You Joe!" without looking like pedophiles. KIDDING! In walks a mom and her 8 year old. I asked S if we looked 16 in the dark. One other mom and a couple of kids came in too. Damn. =)

I really enjoyed the show and it was an entertaining afternoon. Thanks for a Cougar-iffic Date S!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are welcome! I enjoyed it as well!! And remember, we were going to see the movie to see if it was okay for our girls to see!! I think they would enjoy it!!!