It hit me. At 12:14 this am panic struck. I had actually gone to bed at 8:30 I was wiped out after our exciting day. Darin and Maddie stayed up and came up around 10 or so. That's when my darling little princess threw a fit to end all fits. She wanted nothing to do with her room or going to bed. Darin was really great with her and between the both of us (mostly Darin) she finally went to sleep around 11. Then I couldn't sleep. Well, alirght I was really hungry too, so I went downstairs and got a snack turned on the tv and watched a little Jay Leno. It took every ounce of my being not to do some research online about twins, but I was good and didn't. I knew I would never get back to sleep if I started reading things. About 12:30 I headed back up to bed put on my Relaxing Momma music on my iPod and actually went to bed pretty quickly considering all of the thoughts that were still on my mind.
The biggest thought of them all? "Sh!t! I have to get a van!" =) Yeah, thats what I am most worried about! I am dreading the van! I swore up and down I would never have a van and now I am 30 weeks away from needing a van to fit 3 car seats. Before we knew we were having twins I saw a minivan at the doctor's office who's plate read "IGAVEIN" and laughed- thought that poor woman. I think I'll find the van again and leave a note on the windshield saying that I feel her pain and leave my phone number so I can call her for support. =) I told Darin I'd much rather have a convertable- I could open the top, drop the car seats in, close the top and be on our merry way! He didn't think I was serious......
I woke up this morning to find Darin speaking full sentences again and he had his color back. His first words to me this morning? "I was just researching vans..." CRAP! Can't a girl be in van-denial a little longer?
We ran some errands today and I have never noticed how many vans there are out there! Everytime we passed one I got a little queezy and shivered a bit. I don't mind vans for other people- I just never thought I would have one. My neighbor has a van- I think I'll ask her if I can sit in it a little bit each day to get over my fear of the van. =)
Other than my van-phobia, I am doing ok. I figure we have made it through other challenges we'll make it through this one too. We might be a little more tired.... As my friend K said "God gets the last laugh and hes got a wicked sence of humor." Ain't that the truth!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am so excited for you guys. Those are the luckiest kids in the world. I think Aaron was a little jealous. He keeps saying he wants antoher baby, even mentioned wanting twins a couple of times.
Thanks Amy! We are still in a bit of shock, but of course excited!
Van?? No! You do not have to cave and get a van! There are MANY cars out there that have third row seats! Our LandCruiser does! A Tahoe, Toyota Sequoia....Some Ford explorers do. Chad says just about every newer SUV!! Toyota Highlander...Ford Expedition....Volvo wagons...I will keep researching!!
DON'T GET A MINIVAN!!!!! Just don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are a dear friend. I will not let you get a minivan!
Come over to the dark side baby... Of course I had to get my van to cart my parents around - so hey, I probably won't need it by the time the cupcakes arrive so you can have mine! It's not so bad - imagine being an orca in a huge pod - that's what its like in any parking lot!
Love to you,
K
Post a Comment