My Cupcakes are giving me grey hair and they aren't even here yet! Yesterday I started bleeding and needless to say it scared the crap outta me! I called Darin told him to come home right away and then called my doctor and got an appt. Of course the nurses I talk to all said "It's normal" and that a lot of women bleed during their whole pregnancy. I don't care who you are, bleeding is NOT a normal thing to see and it's as scary as heck! They were really great and got me in right away for an ultrasound where we saw their two beautiful heartbeats. Baby A was beating at 122 bpm (beats per min) and Baby B was 136bpm. Perfect. Both babies were measuring right on schedule- in fact Baby A was a few days ahead. I was so relieved! I was told to just take it easy for a while. The bleeding has stopped- THANK GOD! It was a very stressful day!
Darin has become a twin research junkie. Every time he's on the net he's either looking up cars, or strollers, carseats, etc. He was NOT like this with Maddie! It's actually pretty funny. I think it's his way of getting involved and getting excited. He has backed down on the van thing, after talking to some friends who had twins and their advice of not getting a van. They told him that after putting a stroller in the back there wouldn't be room for anything else. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that before, but it went on deaf ears. He did take me to look at a van and I looked at it, I didn't touch it or take it for a test drive. The sales guy asked me if I wanted to drive it and I told him I wasn't at that stage yet. I did get in and get a feel for a Cadillac Escalade tho. That was much more my style. A momma with spinners! YEAH! HA HA! We still don't know what we are going to do for a car, but have plans to go out and look at a bunch of different cars, SUVs and a few vans next weekend while Maddie is at my Moms.
Maddie was finally able to tell her teachers at school that she was going to be a big sister. She was so excited! She said "I'm gonna be a big sister!" Her teacher said "Oh your mommy is going to have a baby?" Which she proudly answered "Nope! She's gonna have TWO!" Then I got the look and I nodded. It was so cute! She has already started singing the ABCs to my belly and pats it. Next week we'll take her with us to see the ultrasound. I'll be 8 weeks, so I am hoping that they will have a little more shape than blobs, I'll have to warn her that they may not look like babies yet.
That's all from Mang World. Have a great weekend!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hmm, so it sounds like the names of Nicky & Joey may be out now. However...if you do get a van I better see baby annoucements with "Welcome our little cupcakes, Nicky & Joey"
Hey, maybe I should make you some baby annoucements.....
Post a Comment