Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Blues

Man do I have a case of the Sunday Blues. I get them a lot, wake up Sunday knowing that it's only one day until Monday. Mondays mean back to the grind of watching monster kids. It just puts me in a funk. But adding to this funk is the announcement that the Big B will be laying off 4500 people in Feb. Darin's job is at risk. On Friday they already had to defend their jobs and explain why they had a certain number of people in Darin's job title. Even though he's been there 10 years, he's the low man on the totem pole, so to speak. They don't base layoffs based on job performance, they base it off this strange points structure and time on the job. So someone who does a crappy job and has been there 25 years will more likely keep their job than someone who does an amazing job and has only been ther 8 years. It's really stupid.

60 day lay off notices go out Feb 20th. Then they announced that come 2nd quarter they would be cutting more jobs. Second quarter starts March 1st. Not much breathing room if you survive the first round of layoffs.

If you are they praying type, we can use all the help we can get!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will pray for you! I was thinking about you guys when I heard of the layoff. Their system sucks!!

I hate this whole economy thing. I try not to worry about it but I worry about my job as well :(

Anonymous said...

Hopefully TGIF will cheer you. If that doesn't work, how'z a margarita sound? We're praying for D's job, and the other stuff too!
K