Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tough Day

Usually I try to keep our blog light and cheery, but I feel like I need to write some stuff to get it all out. You don't have to continue reading or feel the need to leave a comment, it's just my way of getting my feelings out.


Two years ago today, we lost our good friend Ben James. Ben was Darin's best friend, his bestest fishing buddy and the man that made me a fishing widow more times than I would have liked. =) Uncle Ben and Maddie shared the same birthday, Darin was so thrilled to call and tell him that he was an uncle and how excited Ben was that they were born on the same day. He loved Maddie and actually held her when she was a peanut, something he was terrified to do. I will never forget that phone call to Darin at work telling him the devistating news. I still cannot believe that he is gone, he is missed so very much. It hurts me to see how lonely Darin is come fishing season and how he is without his best friend. We make sure that Maddie doesn't forget her Uncle Ben, we let a balloon go on their birthday to let him know we are thinking of him. I am honored to have called him my friend, and he is greatly missed.

Fish On, My Dear Friend, Fish On.



Not only had Ben been on my mind a lot, I have a great friend, who is going through an extremely tough time right now. Her mom has been in the ICU for the last several weeks. Today she called me to tell me it didn't look like her mom had long to live. She was trying to get to the hospital to say her goodbyes. My heart hurts for her. It was only a year ago she lost her brother. I wish that there was something that I could say or do to help her through her tough time. I feel so helpless. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, that is what blogs are for!! I know I have had a few that weren't quite as cheerful. What happened to his friends??

Chad likes fishing!! :)And then we could be fishing widows together! ;)