Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside

It doesn't look there is an end in sight. We woke up the other morning and it was 9 degrees. Nine. That's just nuts! For those of you reading from areas other than Washington, it doesn't get that cold here. Ever. In the mountains, sure! But not here! We don't get this much snow in the Seattle area. We freak out at the thought of snow. When a single snowflake falls, the city shuts down. We are used to rain. Mild winters. This is just nuts!





I was able to finish my shopping, thanks to Darin's awesome snow driving skills. I have mentioned before that I don't drive in the snow, but I am also a terrible snow passenger. I have what I call snow anxiety. I blame it on the one time I had to drive in the snow, I ended up in a ditch and no one would help me and a past life thing, that I won't get into here. We had to go to my mom's on Saturday for our gift exchange and dinner. I was a wreck before we even left the house. Darin got us there safely, when I walked in the door and asked for a glass of wine. I don't drink, but I did polish off 3 glasses of wine that night. I was pretty relaxed on the way home. =)




In sad news, my friend's mom passed away this morning. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.


No comments: