Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy.....

Engagement Day! Darin proposed to me on this morning 6 years ago! If I knew then.... Kidding! I'd say yes all over again!

I cannot believe it's Christmas Eve! It doesn't feel like it at all!! Take a look at that counter over there ----> It's down to hours! AGH!

It has started snowing again and the power keeps blinking. I am praying that it doesn't go out since we are having my dad, brother and their girlfriends over for dinner tonight. It could be ham sandwiches and Chex mix if the power does decide to go out.

I've come to the conclusion that a White Christmas is highly overrated! I'd much rather have a typical drizzly Pacific Northwest Christmas. Or even better yet, a nice warm tropical Christmas! (Did that once, spent Christmas on Maui, nothing better than gifts under a decorated Pineapple and a morning snorkel before opening presents!)

We had to go to Fred Meyer to get some last minute groceries yesterday and I think the entire town was there. The lines to check out were down the aisles, we had to hunt down a cart in the parking lot and they were completely out of milk and eggs. But the people inside were in such great moods! All you could do was laugh at the situation. By the time we paid for our groceries, we knew everyone around us holiday plans and all about their families. I felt like we should have exchanged addresses to send Christmas cards.

It's time for me to hop off the computer and finish the days chores before the festivities begin. Take a moment to appreciate the little things the holidays bring. Love the ones you are with and send a blessing to those who are no longer with us. Thank you for being a part of our lives and sharing our journeys with us. We are blessed to have you as family and friends.

Mele Kalikimaka to all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, a white Christmas is HIGHLY overrated. I hope your family made it to your house okay! We decided to cancel our family plans. Our power went off but came right back on!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!