Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Reunion

Oh, where to begin?? First off, let me say it's a good thing that I get to type this and not have to use voice commands! That's right, my voice is GONE!

My mom and I made it to our hotel around 4:30. We stayed at the Best Western Tacoma Dome Hotel, I will never go to a concert at the T-dome again without staying at this hotel. We got out of the car to check in and hear all of this massive screaming coming from next door, apparently, the 5 Bad Brothers from BeanTown had gotten out of thier buses and were walking into the dome. Damn, if only we had gotten there 10 minutes sooner we could have seen them!!

Anyhow, the hotel is right next door, provides free parking, clean rooms and a free breakfast! It was so nice to not worry about fighting the traffic for the long ride home. We got to our room and were deciding what we could do to kill a couple of hours. We decided that we would go down and grab a bite to eat at the hotel before getting ready for the concert. The hotel had what they called "The New Kids on the Block Dinner Buffet" Sounded alright to us so off we went to the Taco Buffet. We sat down with a super cute couple and started talking to them about the concert and what not. One girl was a total New Kids Fan and had drug her girlfriend to the concert. (Did I mention that the super cute couple were lesbians?) Her Girlfriend was a Beatles fan and about choked on her taco when my mom told her that she had gone to the Beatles concert. We really enjoyed our dinner and our company but said our good byes to go and get ready for the concert.

We spent a while primping and making ourselves beautiful, just in case we got called up to the stage or were asked to come back stage. =) Kidding! But we did look good! About 6:30 we headed to the Dome. The first thing we notice in side is that they are serving beer and wine! This definatley didn't happen 18 years ago! I guess since we are all of age, things have changed! We make our way to the souvineer stand to take a look at all of the treasures. Of course they had T-shirts and pins the normal stuff, but added this time around were shot glasses and onesies for babies! A sweatshirt-coat caught my eye until I saw the $85 price tag. Even the t-shirts were $45! I guess they figured if we are old enough to drink now we must have jobs to pay for the shirts! We didn't get anything.

Made our way to our seats, which were ok. Section 18A Row 15 seats 1 & 2. We were really early since the show didn't start until 8, but they had this thing where you could send in text messages to try to win front row seats and they showed the texts on the big screens. I sent a couple in , but we didn't win the front row and of course mine were never on the screen! Oh well, just as well I suppose. But the best part of waiting for the show was people watching! Let's just say we felt really thin and sober! LOL There were all types of people! We were especially laughing at the husbands who were there with their wives! They didn't look very excited to be there!

Finally the lights went out and the first act came out. First off let me say that I am old. I am starting to feel older and older all the time. However, I feel like I can hide the fact that I am old, most of the time. But when this character called Lady Gaga comes out as the first act I am turned into an old woman. I didn't like her. In fact I think we sat down for most of her performance. I just didn't get it. I vaguely knew of her because I read Perezhilton.com but I had never heard her music. Finally she finished and Natasha Beddingfield came on, she was much more my style. I really enjoyed her.

Then it was time.

The lights went back out and the place went nuts! The Tacoma Thunder was loud and the estrogen was running high. Then they took the stage. It's bringing chills to me just typing about it! I was litterally screaming and jumping up and down! Yes, kids, I jumped. A lot. I sang and danced and had a merry time. They sang a combination of old songs and new songs. On the screen behind them they started showing an old video, I knew it right away. Joe started singing "Please Don't go Girl" and I lost it. I cried. Joe and I were sharing a moment. All of a sudden I was transported back to my bedroom and I was 12. I was taken back to a time when I was still a die hard romantic, didn't know anything about Kidney Transplants or Premature Babies, I didn't know about divorce or other grown up struggles that I would later face. It was a time when I thought I would find my prince charming (Joe McIntyre of course) and live happily ever after. I was not 32 anymore, I was 12 and he was singing only to me. *sigh* They sang a few more songs and it went dark, but they were showing some pictures on the screens, all of a sudden, there they were about 20 rows in front of us! They had a small revolving stage in the middle of the floor! It was awesome! Of course we didn't bring a camera and I only got a couple of crappy pictures with my cell phone. But they were right there!

I am sure I could go on and on about every detail of the concert, but I won't. I must say that those guys can still put on one hell of a show. And for 2 1/2 hours I was a giddy 12 year old trapped in a 32 year old body. If they come back you can bet I will be right there screaming again.

My Mom and I ready for the show:




So Close!


My Moment with Joey:

1 comment: