Sunday, November 30, 2008

Let the Festivities Begin!

Thanksgiving is over and now the hustle and bustle begins! We spent Thanksgiving with Darin's family, we ate, watched the Seahawks lose and played a few games. Did you know that Gargoyle is Popeye's Girlfriend?? No really, just ask Darin. We were playing Taboo and I was trying to get him to say Olive Oil without saying the other 5 words on the card. (Yes, Dear, you eventually did get it, but it's still a really funny story!) We also played this dice game called "Farkle" this is where we learned that our daughter is a gambler. We would tell her to quit rolling the dice and she would say "One more time" and roll to get massive points. I guess she knew what she was doing since she skunked us! We've got to figure out a way to sneak her into Vegas!


Friday night, Maddie was invited to spend the night with our nephew, Ryan, and his girlfriend, Sara. We took full advantage of our alone time and did a little shopping and then had a date night! We went to dinner and to see Four Christmases. It was hilarious! Maddie had an amazing time and all 3 of them looked a little tired when we picked Maddie up on Saturday.

On Saturday, we went to my mom's house to make gingerbread houses. We've been making them after Thanksgiving for about 10 years now. We all bring candies and get creative.


Maddie hard at work:



Showing off her work with her blueberry teeth:




Our friend Brandy working hard:






My finished house:


Maddie's work of art:



Sunday we got our lights up! I love seeing our house with the lights on! We even had a few cars slow down to look at the lights tonight! I was so excited! I haven't gotten a picture of them all put up yet, but I will soon. Until then, here's our little helper!



The countdown is on! Let the festivities begin!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanna go see Four Xmases!! Gotta plan a date night with my hubby!