Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!

And it's not even Thanksgiving! I turned on 106.9 on our ride to dinner last night and to my surprise and Darin's dismay, they have turned into the 24/7 Christmas Station! How awesome is that?!?!?! I set a record for myself by not listening to Christmas Music before Halloween. Of course all of the stores have had their Christmas stuff out since October, but I couldn't bring myself to look at any of it. But now that I have had a little taste of the Christmas Tunes, I am ready to start my shopping and my favorite thing, decorating! I picked up a couple of Christmas-y things at a couple of the bazaars I have gone to and I am ready to set them out, but I will wait until after Thanksgiving. (Darin won't let me put it out any earlier!)

Maddie is also getting really excited about Christmas. She asks us if Santa can see her sleeping, eating, riding in the car, coloring, she is so funny about it! She's been cutting out pictures from the toy catalogs and glueing them on to pieces of green paper. I think we are up to 9 pages. She was going thru the pages and asked us if Santa could see her pages, we said yes, she looked up to the ceiling, and said "Santa I really want this" and pointed to something on her page. It was too cute.

In other Mang news, we are waiting to see if Darin will go on strike before the holidays. I know the news has been reporting that it looks like the strike has been avoided and that the union leaders are recommending that they accept Boeing's offer, but the union members haven't decided yet. Please don't believe everything that you hear on the news about the offer they are taking so much of it out of context! Darin and I read over the contract together when it came out and looked at each other and said "this is what they are excited about?" They didn't gain much from it and lost quite a bit. It's nothing even remotely close to the IAM contract. We'll see what happens in the next few days. I know it will be all the talk Monday. We'll be sure to keep you posted!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I just noticed you had links to my blogs! Cool! And yeah I was surprised to hear Xmas music on 106.9, though I just can't bring myself to listen to it yet! I love your blog background! I gotta steal it!

Katie said...

i love the Christmas Music - i've been listening to my cd's all month! So excited about 106.9 - and that you started a blog!