Saturday, April 11, 2009

Warning: Hormones!

Remember that old Whitney Houston song, I Get So Emotional... Let me refresh your memory "I get so emotional, baby Every time I think of you I get so emotional, baby Ain't it shocking what pregnancy hormones can do" Hee Hee ok so maybe Whitney actually sang about love and not pregnancy hormones. =) I am HORMONAL! I cry at everything! The latest victim to get booted off of Idol, the cast of Real World saying good bye to each other, Maddie dancing, not having the right food in the house, and if I am watching A Baby Story, forgetaboutit! I am a MESS! I bawl thru the entire 1/2 hour- but the show them 3 in a row, so for that hour and a half, I'm bawling. I'm a lot of fun to be around.

Not only that, but I am CRABBY! Especially the last few days. WATCH OUT! I have a short fuse and the dumbest things piss me off! Poor Darin had to drive me to my doctor's appt yesterday and let's just say we are all lucky we made it. It was a very long and stressful drive for me.

I have been so super sick the last few days. I haven't eaten much of anything- nothing sounds good especially knowing it's not staying put. I've been tired and pukey. This week was a rough one. I feel like I have been a horrible mother by turning on the tv for Maddie and sleeping. A lot. And I know they are coming to take away my Mommy-Card cause I let her have Cheetos for breakfast the other day. Not one of my finer mommy moments. Darin came home from work at 9:30 that morning knowing how sick I had been and laughed at her breakfast. I think he made her drink some milk with her Cheetos so at least she got something healthy in her. I slept until noon that day. And I'm about to become a mom of 3. :roll eyes:

I finally got a little relief when my Doctor told me to take 1/2 of a Unisom sleeping pill before bed to help with the nausea. I took it last night and woke up at 2am hungry! And I slept pretty good too! It was a win-win situation. I have still been a little nauseous today, but I have been able to eat a small amount and best of all- keep it down!

We took Maddie to the doctor with us yesterday and she was a dream! She was sooooo good! She impressed the doctor by telling him that I was 8 weeks and would be 9 weeks on Saturday (today) She just chatted away with him. It was pretty cute! He said "I guess she wasn't affected by her prematurity!" We have our next appt in 3 weeks, we will have a 2 hour ultrasound! I guess they schedule 1 hour for each baby. They will be measuring the babies and checking for signs of down syndrome. I asked the doctor about future ultrasounds, looks like we will be having them done every 4-6 weeks! We'll get to see the cupcakes fairly often before they are actually here!

He was pretty hopeful that I would carry to term. 37 weeks! That was a week longer than I was expecting- I thought 36 weeks was term for twins. He also said that they are seeing less and less long hospital bed rest like I was on with Maddie. He said since we had my blood pressure and sugars under control for a while before getting pregnant that my chance of carrying longer than Maddie's 34 weeks was pretty good.

Phew! I am tired! Blogging is a lot of work! =P Off to rest while it's quiet around here!

No comments: