..there was his fairly good-looking young 20-something blonde who loved to drive around town in her prized black Mustang Convertible with the stereo blasting. Oh, how she loved that car. It was fast and it drew lots of attention from members of the opposite sex. I am sure it didn't hurt that she had somewhat perky boobs. Said Blonde used to drive super fast and had no patience for waiting in a long exit ramp and would pass the line and find the perfect spot to cut in without having to wait. Her personal favorite was to cut off the moms in minivans, wait for their dirty looks and say to them, "Don't get mad at me cause I am young and in a hot car. You're just jealous" or some other equally rude comment. Fast forward about 10 years and the Blonde's boobs are now saggy, her belly looks like she's smuggling a watermelon or two and worst of all she's the mom in that minivan. Karma is real my friends, and she's a bitch!
Friday we picked up my new hot rod. A 2004 Toyota Sienna. A van. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice van. It looks brand new and it drives really well. It's got fancy bells and whistles. It's Champagne Gold with leather interior and my husband and daughter especially love it. Me? Right now, I tollerate it. I don't hate it, but it's gonna be a while before it's earned my love. I was a little weepy driving my Galant down the Green Mile to trade her in, she wasn't a convertible and she was a family car, but she was FAST! I couldn't look at her as we drove my new hot rod past her leaving the dealer. I know she thought she wasn't loved any more and I am sure I heard her whimper a bit as we left. One chapter of my life ended and a new one was ready to begin.
I am feeling quite a bit better. The queezies come and go, it's not daily or all day any more. Food still doesn't taste good, but it's staying down for the most part. I haven't had any cravings- which is fine cause I am sure I would be disappointed in it anyway, since nothing tastes right.
For someone who doesn't do well with change, there is a lot of it going on!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
NO!!!!!!!!! Not a minivan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup- I joined the Dark Side.
The SUVs we looked at wouldn't give us enough room for the 3 kids (and others) and a double stroller in the back.
i can't believe what i'm reading! who'd have "thunk?"
hey - email me.
Post a Comment