Friday, October 9, 2009

We almost made it without a hospital stay....

First off let me start by saying that I am fine and the babies are both fine. Really, we are! Monday night I slipped on a cord in the living room, twisted my ankle and knee and took a bit of a spill. I landed on my hands and knees but managed to protect my belly and it's precious cargo. I had Darin call Labor and Delivery (L&D) to let them know I took a stupid tumble and to see what we should watch out for just in case. They said because it was twins they wanted us to come in and monitor us to be on the safe side. So at 10pm we headed out the door with a quick stop to meet my mom to grab Maddie. By 11:15 I was hooked up to the fetal monitors. Long story short, Baby B was having some very gradual not too serious heart decels. They admitted me to keep an eye on things to make sure that I didn't accidentally tear her placenta from the Uterine wall. My doctor came in and told me that I wouldn't be leaving here pregnant and would probably be delivering late next week unless something bad happened. I was kept on 24/7 monitoring for a couple of days and then it was decided that both babies looked good and would only be monitored twice a day, but they still wanted me here- better safe than sorry.

So here I sit, in the EXACT same room I sat for 5 weeks waiting for Maddie to finish baking. Not much has changed in room 625. =) I have more freedom this time around and am able to get up to get my own snacks and walk around if I need to. So it's not too bad! The worst part has been being away from Maddie! She's such a trooper tho! For the first day she didn't want to talk to me on the phone because it made her sad, but once she got here and saw that I was ok she warmed up and has been a good sport.

The countdown is on and my delivery has been scheduled for next Friday, Oct 16th. It's a week earlier than my own personal goal, but I trust my medical team. They have mentioned doing an amnio to check lung development but they haven't said for sure if they are going to. I will be 35 weeks 5 days at that point. I have already carried these two longer than Maddie and I am so thankful for that!

My mom brought me her laptop today so I feel like I am in touch with the real world again!! I really am addicted to the internet and probably should seek some sort of 12 step program for it, as I have discovered by not having a computer for these last few days. Oh, and I am totally missing my DVR and being able to pause, fast forward and rewind tv! At least I have a real remote and not just the one attached to my be that you have to go thru every channel to get back to channel 4. =)

We would appreciate your prayers to keep these two happy and healthy and baking as long as possible! I will update as I have any news to report- since I have a little time on my hands these days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear everything is okay! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!