I am at the University of Washington Hospital, which is a teaching hospital, just like Seattle Grace on Grey's Anatomy. Which means I have a surplus of medical students, interns, residents, attendings and doctors. Everytime a group of these kids come in, it takes everything I have not to ask them to pick which Grey's character they are, so I can figure out the pecking order around here. Yeah, I'm bored and living as though I am on Grey's. Sad, but it keeps me somewhat entertained!
So far I have figured out I have a Bailey, although she's got the personality and bedside manor of Yang. Gosh I really am boring those of you who don't watch Grey's and have no idea what in the world I am talking about! So my Bailey is a blonde haired version. She, like Yang is determined to find something wrong with me, even though I am here for monitoring and everything looks good. She has run blood tests to make sure I am not having high blood pressure issues, changed all of my medications for my diabetes because of 2 high numbers, when I have been perfect the rest of the time. I think she thinks I am wasting bed space, my case is too boring for her. I have a feeling she and I are going to have a couple of go arounds in the near future. She needs to remember that I am a smart woman and not some stupid knocked up girl laying here not knowing what I am doing. Good thing MY doctor is back tomorrow- he tells me everything looks fine and is normal for where I am at this stage of my pregnancy. With Bailey this morning came a girl who I guess would be Izzie. She seemed nice and was able to answer my questions person to person not "Me Doctor- You Dumb Knocked Up Girl" =)
On my first day here I met my version of Lexi, new med student, not really confident and pretty green. She was nice enough, but seemed really young. Guess that happens when you get older! I think she may have a hint of dorky first season George in her also.
Sadly, I have yet to meet a McSteamy or McDreamy. Maybe that's ok, cause I don't know if I would want to talk about my vajay-jay with a hottie.
So far that's all I have been able to identify. Most of my contact has been with my nurses who have been absolutely wonderful to me. They even let me sleep most of the night with the exception of my 3am wake up to check vitals. I can deal with that.
I am being monitored twice a day for about 20 minutes at a time. Our little man is happy, content and mostly stays on the monitor. Our little girl is going to be a handful! She still has the occasional heart drop, nothing too drastic, but still the reason that we are here. She seems to like the attention from the nurses because she likes to swim away from the monitor and be chased. As of now they both look great on the monitors and we are on schedule for a Friday Delivery. Bailey and Izzie thought I was scheduled for an amnio Thursday to check their lungs to make sure they are mature- I will hopefully get that confirmed tomorrow from my doc. If that shows that lungs aren't ready we will wait a few more days before they are evicted. But if they look good we will have the green light for Friday! In less than a week we will become a family of 5!!
The amnio doesn't scare me, I had one with Maddie and it wasn't too bad. It's the thought of my babies needing NICU time (which is a slight possibility since they are still technically a month early) I am praying that they are healthy enough to come home with us.
Keep thinking those happy thoughts for us! I truly believe they are working!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OMG! LMAO!! Your blog is HILARIOUS!!
I will have my bible study group pray for you on THursday if you would like!
And I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well!
I can't wait to meet the babies!
Post a Comment