Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's Been A While...

So I realize it's been entirely WAY too long since I have posted anything on this poor, neglected blog. In fact my last entry was October 11- the day before we became a party of 5. October 12th at 4:47pm Benjamin Gary and at 4:48 Makena Pearl joined our crazy life to complete our beautiful family. I cannot tell you what joy (and sleepless nights Free Avatars) they have brought to us in the last 7 1/2 months. Yeah, hard to believe it's been that long!

The last 7 months have brought us a roller coaster of emotions. We are adjusting to life with 3 kids and all of the challenges of life with twins! It takes us a good 2 hours to get out of the door these days, we have gone from being the first one to family gatherings to being eternally late. Gone are the days of flying by the seat of our pants. Going places requires a whole lot of thought, planning and patience! I am still learning the latter. However, we did make it to Disney World! Hooray for us! Thank God we had family with us!

Maddie is the most amazing big sister. I couldn't have asked for a better helper. She loves the babies and only gets irritated with them occasionally. She has helped us feed them and even changed a diaper or two (supervised, of course!)

I've come to appreciate the van, but I still don't love it. I may have a little crush on it, but I don't know that I will ever fall in love with it. Afterall, it's a mini van!

I am going to try to be better at blogging, I can't make any promises. I know you are all dying to know what happened to Darin and I will update on that- but that's a post for another day- gotta get back in blogging shape. Until then! ~E

No comments: