Sunday, May 24, 2009

This Body Ain't Mine!

Darin informed me that I needed to update our blog. Not much has been going on here.

Darin took Maddie for her first Father-Daughter camping trip last weekend. They asked me if I wanted to go with but I told them that I wasn't even comfortable in my own bed let alone a tent. =) I had a bridal shower to go to and I enjoyed my alone time. I rented a few chick flicks and didn't have to share my licorice. They had a great time-- they came home tired and super dirty!

I am feeling the babies move! At first it felt like my belly was rolling then I got little flutters and every now and again I get a little bump which I assume is a tiny kick. It's pretty strange to feel something down low and at the same time something up by my belly button.

Oh the Horror!! I had to buy a bathing suit. Buying a bathing suit while pregnant is a very strange experience. Normally you try to find something that tries to hide all of the imperfections and that will hide your tummy (and thighs...) only with a maternity suit- there is no hiding the belly! It's so strange! I took 5 suits in the dressing room and settled on the first one. I was in and out in about 10 minutes. And it's a two piece! Crazy right? Don't worry it still covers EVERYTHING including my thighs! LOL I may wear it when I'm not pregnant!

I am finally over the sickness. I have made it for car rides without getting sick. I am starting to feel more hungry, no real cravings as of yet. I can never decide what I want so I end up ordering 2 things when I am out only to eat part of one. I was finally able to eat Mexican food! Here's the strange part I ordered a chicken chimichanga and substituted cole slaw for the beans (ok so maybe vinegar is a craving of sorts- I cannot get enough of it!) I ate all of the cole slaw and 1/2 of the chimi and a few bites of rice. Normally I can polish off the plate and still eat a few chips after they take my empty plate. I think my stomach shrunk! They say with twins you are supposed to be hungry all the time and eat a lot. Not for me! Not yet anyway. I am not complaining because I really don't want to gain an unhealthy amount of weight. But I do want to make sure the babies are well nourished.

I have been having the most trippy dreams lately! Usually they involve the twins and friends from elementary and high school that I haven't seen for a while. They are like mini soap operas. I have a series of dreams every night. I wish I could remember them and have them analyzed.... naw then they'd probably have me committed!

I forgot how pregnancy does weird things to your body! It's like I have a totally different body!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So now that you can travel in cars, when will you be coming over to play with the Cricut??!!

Carrie said...

I do believe you owe us some pregnant lady pictures!